Noteflight Project Reflection

Before taking this course, I primarily used Noteflight when I did not have access to Sibelius. The program was very useful for me for several educational purposes. After reviewing the shortcuts for Noteflight this week, I find that note and text entry is pretty efficient and I can see myself continuing to use this program for teaching purposes. Noteflight is a good tool for composing and arranging music for my students. It is also very helpful when I want to write out exercises and etudes that target specific skill and instruments. I have also used it to create accompaniment tracks for pieces so that I can conduct and circulate without being bound to a piano. However, I find that Noteflight’s playback timbres are less sophisticated compared to other notation softwares. Other softwares may be better suited to this last purpose. Other constraints I find with Noteflight are the limited features in the free version. The free version omits certain instruments, does not export parts, and has a limitation on the number of scores you can create within one account. However, upgrading to the premium version with a monthly fee solves many of these issues. Overall, Noteflight is a useful tool for the teacher to use as well as for teaching students how to notate, compose and arrange. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 7 Blog Reflection

Module 4 Blog Reflection